Today, on his Tumblr, Notch shared two very odd—and, to all appearances, completely unrelated—fan-produced Minecraft ads.
The first clip, "Diamonds," offers a nod to the game's resource harvesting mechanics. In it, a crazed tween taps a block of diamonds out of a tough guy's face. Because of course!
The second video, Core Digital's "The Last Minecart," takes a lengthier, more cinematic approach, co-opting several popular zombie movie tropes.
You may say to yourself, "Self, these are neat. But why Minecraft?" If we were to hazard a guess, we'd say it has something to do with the fact that open-ended sandbox games are inherently more appealing to creative types than other sorts of games. What's more, because Minecraft's blocky graphics are somewhat out of step with the times, it's kind of fun to incorporate them into high-tech productions.
What do you think? Weigh in below.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades