If you don't want to shell out the money to rent a dedicated server in order to host a Left 4 Dead game server, follow this tutorial on how to create one on your home computer. Keep in mind that if you intend on letting other people play it, you will need a fast connection to prevent lag.
When you create a dedicated Game Server on your machine, lag shouldn't be an issue, so as long as other people aren't playing on it as well.
Valve provides most of the software needed to get started, you will simply need to make some changes and port forwarding to get it public.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades